Sunday, April 1, 2007

April Fool's Day and is it REALLY Peanut Butter?



What better way to start my new site than with a review of one of my favorite foods in the whole world...you guessed it, peanut butter!
Well, okay, I need to clarify this, it's actually a new product I came across recently called PB2. PB2 is made by a company called Bell Plantation in Tifton, Georgia. The product's description said that this peanut butter is "made with USA grown peanuts that are slow-roasted and pressed to remove fat. All natural with no additives. PB2 has the same consistency as full fat..."
Well, that was enough to sell me! I mean, peanut butter with the fat removed? How bizarre, I thought, but because I am who I am (the adventurous foodie type), I was more than eager and willing to try the stuff! The stats for the product are as follows:
Only 2.8 grams of fat and 54 calories for 2 tablespoons; ingredients-peanuts, sugar, salt-that's it. Another important point is that the product comes in a powdered form and the directions say you need to mix in 1 tablespoonful of water to 2 tablespoons of the powder to make it into the all familiar peanut butter paste that we all know and love. I excitedly placed my order, which by the way was $3.99 per 6.5 ounce jar (the company sets a 4 jar minimum however and a $7.00 flat rate shipping fee), and one week later I received my peanut butter in the mail!
I followed the directions on the jar and mixed in the recommended amount of water to the powdered peanut butter, stirred it up and voila!-I created peanut butter! I licked the spoon I was stirring with and paused for a second or two...the taste was indeed peanutty, and the consistency was quite creamy. I was amazed, overjoyed, and quite satisfied with my purchase. PB2 is a godsend. I'm not kidding. The all natural peanut butter that I so love and have eaten for most of my life packs about 16 grams of fat and 160 calories in 2 tablespoons. You do the math.
This food find is a keeper!
http://www.bellplantation.com/new/

No comments: