Monday, July 9, 2007

I Kneaded That!

Well, okay, actually, I didn't, but since I love puns, I really wanted to use that line for the title of this post. I finally made the infamous “No-Knead Bread” that everyone was talking about some months back. You know, the one that was created by Jim Lahey of Sullivan Street Bakery, and published in the New York Times. Many food bloggers before me baked this bread and wrote about how wonderfully amazing it was. Trying it myself was on my list of things to-do for some time now and over the weekend, I finally got around to baking it. You can still find the recipe here. You have to take your time with this recipe because of the extra long rising process that it entails—around 18 hours. The reward however is a carbohydrate-lover’s dream: a beautifully golden loaf of crusty-on-the-outside-fluffy-on-the-inside white bread that without restraint, can be easily devoured in one sitting. We enjoyed a few hearty slices of this for our Sunday morning breakfast while it was still warm, right out of the oven. It’s just as delicious all by itself or slathered with a bit of butter and strawberry jam.

No comments: