Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Show and Tell: New Old Plates

Anybody who knows me well knows what a sucker I am for nostalgia. I love spending the weekends scouring flea markets, garage sales, and thrift shops for that special treasure that might remind me of something precious from childhood, or ignite in me some sort of emotional connection to the past. So when I spotted this sweet, 3-piece, vintage melamine plate setting at a neighborhood thrift store recently, I had the feeling that I may have owned such a set myself when I was a youngster. There was something comforting about these pieces. The dishes were made by a company called Lexington and were surprisingly still boxed up in the original packaging. It puts a smile on my face every time I look at that adorable lion. Just wanted to share.

No comments: