Monday, September 24, 2007

Pumpkin Risotto

When I saw that Sathya and Elizabeth from The Baker and The Currymaker were hosting their first ever blogging event, The Risotto Relay, I knew I wanted to join in on the challenge. I have never made risotto before and wanted to give it a try. Since it's now a new season and autumn always conjures up images of Halloween and pumpkins for me, why not make a pumpkin risotto? I love pumpkin...in pie, bread, muffins, and yes, now even risotto! And since I happen to keep my cupboard pretty well-stocked with canned pumpkin puree, this recipe was really a breeze to prepare. Just make sure you give yourself plenty of time in the cooking process though; risotto requires lots of attention and plenty of stirring! I found this recipe on the website, verybestbaking.com. The end result was a creamy, delicious, rich risotto with a subtle pumpkin flavor. Someone summed up risotto this way: it is elegant comfort food. I'd have to agree.

2 comments:

The Baker & The Curry Maker said...

ooooo you just cooked using one of my all time favourite ingredients! mmm pumpkin! i usually cant go past pumpkin! thanks for your FABULOUS entry!

Deborah said...

I have never made risotto before, but I am planning on trying it for this event as well. I was actually looking through a cookbook last night that had a pumpkin risotto and I thought it looked wonderful. Yours looks fabulous as well!