Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Nutty Sweet Treat


My boyfriend happens to be particularly fond of cashews (macadamia nuts are pretty high up on his list too). So when I came across a recipe that combines both cashews and chocolate, I knew this was something I wanted to bake for him. In addition to chocolate and cashews, this rich and gooey recipe calls for a few more ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen: brown sugar, butter, condensed milk, and saltine crackers. See, easy as pie! Or, in this case, easy as cashew bars! You can get creative and maybe do a mixed nut version with some pecans, macadamia nuts, and almonds. I was also thinking that some chopped up dried fruit would work out nicely. Or, just keep it simple like I did, allowing yourself to savor the lovely combination of semi-sweet chocolate and buttery cashew nuts. Oh yeah!

(Click here for the recipe).

No comments: