Monday, February 4, 2008

Some Super-Good Appetizers

To me, Superbowl Sunday means more than just a world championship football game between two of the best NFL teams in the country. It also means indulging in some yummy treats, and enjoying the afternoon with good friends.
I don’t know about you, but when I think about the Superbowl, a 7-layer bean dip pops into my head. This dish simply rings “PARTY!” to me. I think the colorful mélange of tomatoes, avocadoes, and cheese gives it that perfect, festive feel. One of my favorite food sites, Simply Recipes, recently featured a bunch of Superbowl party fare and I was happy to find a recipe for, wouldn’t you know it, 7-layer bean dip! It was so quick and easy to put together that I also had time to make some crispy potato skins, again found on the Simply Recipes website. The potato skins were stuffed with crispy, crumbled bacon and lots of cheese (yum)! The best part about these recipes is that you don't have to wait for a big game or even a party to make and enjoy them. They are simply delicious any time! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Those potato skin look dangerously delicious. If they were near me, I would gobble them all up!