Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Surely, You Zest!


Yes, I certainly did zest this evening when I made two versions of an orange cupcake recipe I stumbled across on the Food Network site. This is seriously a very easy recipe...no tricks here! Admittedly, it involves using a boxed chocolate cake mix, lots of citrus (orange, in this case), and a creamy, sugar glaze as well as a chocolate ganache frosting, if you'd like. I sprinkled some orange zest on top of the cupcakes mainly because I thought it looked kind of pretty.
(For the recipe, click here. Just a couple comments: Since I didn't have any limoncello on hand, I used lemon juice instead and instead of the candied orange peel, I used the zest of 1 orange as a substitute. If you'd like to make the chocolate ganache simply melt about 4 oz bittersweet chocolate with 4 oz butter, stirring over low/medium heat; allow to cool slightly before drizzling over the cooled cupcakes).
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

They both look very tasty!! Happy Halloween to you!

Henny A. said...

thanks Deborah. Happy Halloween to you too!

Julie said...

Nice title--very punny! Your cupcakes look great, too! I'm an orange and chocolate fan, myself, especially after the latest DB challenge!